Products of SPC «Ekofes» Ltd
Electrolysis plant "Chlorefs"
Electrolysis system "Chlorefs" is designed to produce water solution of sodium hypochlorite from salt with concentration of chlorine equivalent of 7-8 gr / liter.
Produced sodium hypochlorite is used to disinfect water and maintain water treatment facilities in a sanitary condition by metering the solution obtained in the source and drinking water in accordance with the technological scheme of water treatment and disinfection.
Backup equipment ensures process reliability of sodium hypochlorite production, and allows for the period of epidemiological or man-made hazards increasing the dose of inputting solution by 50-100% (active chlorine), or using a back-up capacity for sanitation of reservoir and filter facilities, conduits as well as for other health treatments.
Installation consists of separate process units and comprises:
- Reagent stuff (salt dissolver, dissolver, salt dry storage) for the preparation of brine;
- Unit of acid decarbonization of water with free carbon dioxide stripping (bubble or film degasser);
- Transfer pumps of working decarbonated (3%) solution of salt to the electrolytic cells;
- Electrolytic cells to produce sodium hypochlorite;
- Power supply system (PSU) for electrolytic cells;
- Electrolytic cells and other equipment control cabinets;
- Unit of electrode system of electrolytic cells acid washing;
- Storage capacities of the finished product (sodium hypochlorite);
- Automatic dosing stations;
- Stripping system, dilution and the emission of hydrogen formed during electrolysis;
- Metering system of water flow, electricity, salt, sodium hypochlorite produced, as well as the concentration of the salt solution and the discharged hydrogen equipped with the control devices of the above parameters;
- System of automated process control.
Disinfection of drinking water in their functional significance in the overall water system regards to the first level of water supply provision. Therefore, the process unit of the installation, directly generating disinfecting agent (electrolytic cell and power supply) should have a reserve in case of abnormal (emergency) situation in the main (working) block and be connected to it in technologically parallel way: with 1-4 operating electrolytic cell - 1, and more than four - 2.
Technological blocks of Reagent stuff, decarbonization, and water tank equipment are supported by the entire set of electrolytic cells, including backup.
In order to optimize prices (reduced to 50%), flexible selection of accessories for pump, shutoff and other equipment, as well as the level of automation to suit customer’s requirements can be provided. SPC "EKOFES" offer training on the site of service and maintenance of the equipment.
Principle components for producing 1 kg of available chlorine on “Chlorefs” plants:
|3,0?3,2 kg||Salt of any grade|
|125?140 litres||Decarbonized water|
|4,2?4,3 kW•h||Electric power|
Production of sodium hypochlorite on consumption site through electrolysis plants "Chlorefs" does not regard to hazardous production facilities, also ensures independence from the suppliers of expensive disinfectants. The Customers of SPC "EKOFES", unlike the ones that employ foreign technologies, do not fall into the inevitable dependence on foreign service and repair, as well as supplies of imported spare parts and consumables (ruthenium oxide anodes for installation "Chlorefs" are made by SPC "EKOFES").
Providing the required performance of electrolysis plants "Chlorefs" on the finished product (NaClO) is reached through the number of standard modules (electrolyzers) operating simultaneously and independently from each other. The performance of a single module of the installation is from 1.0 to 1000 kg / day of equivalent chlorine.
Models of “CHLOREFS” plant
|g/hour||kg/day||water, m3/day||salt, kg/day||power kW•h|
|УГ-25МК-500||21 000||500||70||1 600||105||70|
|УГ-25МК-1000||40 000||1 000||140||3 200||200||100|
- table shows the performance at normal operation. When at forced mode, it can be increased by 25-35%;
- - a plant with performance different from standard one can be made upon request.
Electrolysis plants "Chlorefs" are not inferior in the level of automation, check-out instruments, completing with pumping and metering equipment, tanks, valves and fittings, etc. to foreign analogues, and in technology terms are superior to them.
All foreign companies find obligatory the use of deep - softened water and specially prepared salt free from calcium and magnesium, that increases the cost of the process by 40-50%. If the water is not hard to be softened at the site, the preparation of special salt requires centralized production, which in local conditions (in Russia) is still beyond the reality.
SPC "EKOFES" solved the problem of local salt usage by applying the method of its decarbonation (removal of sedimentary hydrogen carbonate ion (HCO3) by translating into CO2, followed by stripping of carbon dioxide inside a special degasser) rather than by softening the water entering for the salt dissolution. This allows normal operating of Russian facilities that work on technical salt and non-softened water.
All "Chlorefs" plants adopted sodium hypochlorite production scheme that allows the finished product to be loaded in vehicles and containers of various sizes. This implies its multipurpose use, for example, to disinfect tanks, water lines and networks, the capacitive facilities, etc.
The sequence of operations at plants "Chlorefs" includes:
- decarbonization of tap water used to dissolve the salt;
- preparation of saturated solution of sodium chloride;
- production of sodium hypochlorite through brine electrolysis;
- dosing of sodium hypochlorite solution into the given points of the process cycle of the object;
- preventive cleaning of the plant components.
The main purpose of the process units
Salt dissolver is meant for receiving and storing of sodium chloride saturated solution. The prepared brine is pumped into the pipe filled with decarbonated water where it is diluted to working concentration and fed to the electrolytic cell.
Calciner is meant for removing carbonates from water with the aim to reduce salt scale deposit formation on the electrolytic cell electrodes.
The flow-through cell is made of aggressive media resistant material, with titanium cathodes and anodes coated with ruthenium oxide being mounted therein. Electrolysis is carried out in automatic or manual mode and controlled by the control panel.
The basic operational characteristics of the electrolytic cell:
- salt consumption is 3.0 - 3.2 kg per 1 kg of equivalent chlorine produced;
- power consumption is 4.2 - 4.3 kW•h / kg of equivalent chlorine.
Power supply supply provides DC power to the electrode system of the electrolytic cell.
Automated Control System of the Process provides fully automatic operation of electrolysis unit, and also controls the acid decarbonization process.
Tanks for sodium hypochlorite storage are meant for receiving the final product for at least 4 hours of electrolytic cell operation.
Producing of sodium hypochlorite is attended with the release of hydrogen. In order to ensure the explosion safety of the plant gas separator is provided after each electrolytic cell. This separates electrolysis gases from the solution and removes them through gas pipes outside the room into the atmosphere.
← Back to Section